Thursday, August 20, 2009

quick update

Things going on right now:
- Project Runway season premier at 9 tonight - eek! I'm worried that I won't be able to stay awake through it. I'm really tired. If I was an hourly employee at work, I'd only have to work 2 hours tomorrow to fulfill my 40 hours. If only life were so great...

- I joined my work's co-ed softball team yesterday. What was I thinking? We had our first practice last night, and today I'm so terribly sore. My back aches like I was hauling 1000 lbs. for the past 24 hours. ouch. I don't know how I'm going to make it through the season. Did I mention I'm not the least bit atheletic???

- My cute french pedicure from last month is finally wearing off. It looks like crap, and one of my toenails cracked off today. I guess I need to do something about my ugly feet. Eh, maybe later this weekend...

- speaking of the weekend, I'm really excited about what's in store! Tomorrow I'm taking Amanda to Gojo, the Ethiopian restaurant that I love. it's going to be so delicious. After dinner we're going to see Julie & Julia. On Saturday I'm heading up to Hendersonville, and Sherri and I are going to spend the night at Crystal's. Who says 27 year olds can't have sleepovers? So what?! I think it's going to be a blast.

- Two weeks from Saturday we'll be on our way to Destin. Sean found a ridiculously cheap condo on the beach! And we're taking a Couples Vacation with Luca and Adrienne. I almost couldn't sleep last night because I was so excited about the trip.

- I need to finish folding laundry.

-One of my very favorite people, and a dear friend (Jessica) found out she's having a baby boy. I'm honestly excited for her and her husband. Normally when people say they're expecting, I say all the right things, like: "Ohhhh yaaaay, that is soooo awseome. Congratulations!" But really I'm thinking "Oh, this is awkward...I really don't care, but I don't know how to get out of this coversation." But for Jess and Ryan, I'm really truly excited for them. I've never had such a close friend have a baby before. Jess and I don't stay in touch very frequently, but we know we love each other! And I just can't wait to see them with a baby. Thank goodness for Facebook!

No comments: