Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Franklin is Closed

So, this promotional video of Franklin is going around on Facebook, and at first it brought a small tear to my eye...like I was a proud mama watching her kindergartener "graduate."




Watching it made me feel nostalgic. I'm so thankful that my parents chose to move me here when I was just a kindergartner myself. I'm thankful that I have a safe place to live and a nice place to raise my own kids. Thankful for the ridiculously picturesque Main Street and freakishly perfect neighbors...

 And then I was like: Wait. What the heck is going on here!? You're telling me they are ADVERTISING FOR MORE PEOPLE TO MOVE HERE!? LIKE I DON'T ALREADY HAVE TO SIT IN AN HOUR OF FREAKING TRAFFIC TO GO A MERE SIX POINT SEVEN MILES TO WORK?!?!?

No, thank you, promotional video people. It did not work. I am still mega pissed about the traffic.

This town is officially CLOSED to anyone who tries to enter. Says me!

No comments: