Things that make me happy today:
1. We found renters! And not just any renters, but people that we trust and who we know will take care of the little yellow house. (does that mean I have to transfer this blog to them?) If you haven't heard, we move in to our new house in Franklin on March 14. Sean and I were beginning to worry that we'd have to pay for two houses. Then at the last minute, we found 3 eager tennants who were all ready to move in. Sean did a fantastic job of managing the online ads, and for 2 months he was dedicated to updating Craig's List on a DAILY (sometimes twice-daily) basis. For a while we thoguht that no one would ever be interested in moving into this place, and then all of a sudden it just came together. We had to turn 2 people away, and let me tell you...It's a bizarre feeling to be in charge of someone's future. I didn't much like it. It was kind of like firing someone (which, by the way, I've never had to do). Since Sean is the expert in that arena, I let him make the calls.
2. I have the best husband ever.
3. In just 2 weeks, I'll be free from having to hear those damn dogs barking outside my house.
4. My orchid is blooming again! I was able to keep it alive long enough to see new blooms. They are smaller than the original blooms, but hey -- I'll take them. This orchid was a gift from Tom & Ann (my New Jersey in-laws) from when I had my surgery almost a year ago. HA! Remember that? Those were some crazy times. I can't believe that giant 2 liter cyst was living inside me. Ewwwww....
5. I just had 3 cinnamon rolls for breakfast.
6. The sun is out in full force today and it's melting the snow.