Sunday, January 17, 2010

A little bit of nothing much

It's Sunday night, 9:30 p.m. Where has my weekend gone!?!?! I'm sitting here with a glass of red wine, back aching from cleaning all day. I want to take a bath and shave my legs for the first time in a looooong time. Perhaps I'll have time for a quick bath after this blog, and then maybe some knitting.

Not too much has happened around the Carroll household since Christmas and the New Year. Of course, we have Murphy now, and I feel like he takes up most of our time. We've been adjusting to him, and he's been adjusting to us. I think we're getting along quite well! He and Sean have had a few "power struggle" moments where Murphy was behaving very badly. But for the most part, he's a great dog. I LOVE to snuggle with him! He took a nap on my chest yesterday, and it was the sweetest thing ever! You have to understand that I don't have kids, and I've never held a baby for more than .02 seconds, so my new dog really IS the sweetest thing ever to me. We've gotten to a point where we can leave Murphy alone in the house (not in his crate) for a few hours, and he does great! VICTORY! No accidents, and our furniture is not ripped to shreds. When we return, he's just napping in his favorite chair.


Here's Murphy having a good laugh

As you may recall from my last post, Murphy thinks he's a cat. He jumped on to our kitchen counter with one leap...just like a cat. And he stole our dish sponge.

Now on to some non-Murphy related news...our jobs are going well, we're excited about the new year, and everything is pretty status quo. I don't have much to share, but I guess that's a good thing - No drama! We don't make any New Year's resolutions, so I can't give you an update on how we're failing our diets or anything Ike that. I can tell you, however, that we enjoyed a fire outside on Friday night as it was quite warm for January (low 40's). Dad's adorable lady friend took us to dinner and joined us in some fireside chatting. And today, after 9 months of being in our home, we finally bought curtains for the living room. My mom also gave me a quilt that was made by my great grandmother. I think it's just about the neatest thing I've ever owned!



Sean's Notes: I'm excited that our family has gotten bigger. I have a long list of house projects to keep me occupied (possibly a new kitchen!) I made cappuccino tonight, so that's a win for the new year. [I gave him a cappuccino/coffee maker for Christmas. He does a really good job at steaming the milk. I don't think I'll ever try to use that thing. It looks way too complicated.]

No comments: