Sunday, June 5, 2011

What Happens When You Post Scrap Metal on Craig's List

Scrap Metal - Backyard Pergola Frame

Thanks to our relentless Spring thunderstorms, our backyard pergola
blew down. Twice.

Now, it's just a pile of aluminum rods and columns sitting next to our
house.

For anyone interested, this may be a good amount of scrap metal to go
cash in - and it's yours for the taking. I doubt it could be built
again, especially since all the assembly hardware has already been
discarded. We will be having a garage sale tomorrow from 8am - 12pm,
so the first person who comes by tomorrow morning wins!

Attached is a photo of what it used to look like before Mother Nature
took out her fury on our awesome backyard accessory. Balloons, chairs,
and general state of put-togetherness not included. You just get a
pile of metal stuff.

Address: XXX Franklin, TN.

***Below are the original responses we received. The only edits I made were removing phone numbers. Enjoy.

SU SU
hi i am interested your pergola frame im in jackson tenneessee i coming to nashville sunday so if you can dont bay that to any body i want to take that of is ok please calle me @ 731-XXX-XXXX or send me msn thank u

Su Su,

Don't worry, we won't bay that to any body because we don't know what you're saying. And P.S. You may want to consider integrating punctuation sometime in the near future. It's fairly popular.


Jessica
I have interest please let me know you address to pick up, thanks

Dear Jessica,
The address is in the effing post. We've deemed you too dumb to take our scrap metal. I would call you "retarded," but I'm not using that word anymore.


Terrence
Hi, my name is tj. i have a scrap business and can remove the hole scrap pile away. if its still there I promise i will be there at your house between 7:30-7:45am. thanks and i'll even bring a few bucks to buy something at your garage sale. can someone call me to let me know its still there. i can start getting it tonight as well if you would like. the # is 615-XXX-XXXX or 615-XXX-XXXX ask for tj.

TJ,
You seem like a nice guy! I'll forgive you for using "hole" instead of "whole." But listen, we're not going to call you, lazy ass. Just come get the scrap metal! And even if we WERE going to call you, we definitely know to ask for TJ because that's how the phone works. Duh.


Mandy
Yea i was needin to talk to u about the gazebo please call if u still have it 615-XXXX909
$$Mandy$$
You can reach me at 615XXXX909

Dollar Sign Dollar Sign Mandy Dollar Sign Dollar Sign,

Damn girl! You got a long name. And for the love of GOD, WE AREN'T CALLING ANYONE. Also, no - you weren't needin to talk to us. We're the ones who started this conversation with our post!


Sheena
if still available please call 615-XXX-XXXX. thanks.
Sheena,
Really!? Another request for a call!? When are you people going to learn...


Mumzee
I live in Franklin also. Whoever picks your pergola up can have mine too. When mine collapsed I ended up going to the ER for 7 stitches. Pile of metal in the backyard....

Oh, dear Mumzee,
Where to begin? You have serious issues if you think we're about to strike up a chat-room friendship from a Craig's List post. I bet my garage sale money that you call radio personality Delilah every Friday night. No one gives a shit about your stitches. You're creepy and lonely.


Terrance
Hi, my name is tj.just wanted to remind you that if its still there I promise you I will be there at your house between 7:30-7:45am tp pick scrap up. thanks and i'll even bring a few bucks to buy something at your garage sale. can someone call me to let me know its still there. i can start getting it tonight as well if you would like. the # is 615-207-5637 or 615-471-1944 ask for tj.

TJ,
YOU DON'T NEED TO REMIND US OF ANYTHING! IT'S ONLY BEEN AN HOUR AND A HALF SINCE YOUR FIRST RESPONSE. ALSO, OUR LISTING CLEARLY STATES TO COME BY TOMORROW. IS IT TOMORROW YET? No. No, it is NOT.


Derek
are the metal parts bent at all?

Dear Derek,

Yes.


Kevin
I COULD COME PICK IT UP TONIGHT IF U WOULD LIKE TO GET THIS OUT OF THE WAY B4 UR YARD SALE IN THE MORNING OR I CAN NB THERE AT 7 AM

OMG, KEVIN! WHY ARE YOU YELLING AT ME!? WE JUST MET! AND ON TOP OF THAT, I OFFERED YOU FREE STUFF. Jeez, man. Lighten up.

Bella
Hi there. I am inquiring about the scrap metal that you have posted. If it is still available, I could come by in the am tomorrow and pick everything up? I have a large van so it would not be a problem. Please email or call at your convenience and let me know the best time to come by. I really appreciate your time. Thanks.

Bella
#753-XXXX

Dear Bella,

What a relief! Finally, someone NORMAL and polite. I was beginning to think that I needed to reinstate the use of the word "retarded."

No comments: