Monday, December 24, 2012

Bah Humbug

I'll have you know, I wrote an entire post about how much I dislike Christmas (or rather, what Christmas has become nowadays). But, I deleted it. You're welcome. Instead I'll try to stay lighthearted and positive, and I promise not to bore you with my rants about the obsessive materialistic behaviors of today's Christmas lovers.

If I could celebrate Christmas like the Victorians did...simple celebrations with candles, fruit and small gifts...then I might enjoy this holiday a bit more. It's just way too out of control - you can't deny that. Heck, they start putting Christmas decorations out before Halloween now because they KNOW people will buy them. And they do! Grrrr...

I'm trying my best not to stress out about the truck loads of stuff that's about to enter my home.

But I digress...the babe is doing well. He's napping in his swing downstairs while I run around (literally, RUN) to try and get things done while he sleeps. His naps last about 20-40 minutes, so he keeps me on my toes. Other than not being a sleeper, he's doing just fine and growing like a weed. He's days away from being 3 months old, and let me tell you...it's been a LONG 3 months. He's really grown on me, though. His smile melts my heart. Sometimes while he's sleeping I have the urge to go grab him up and snuggle him. (Don't worry, I'm not that dumb!) But I really do like him. I love when he falls asleep in my arms. I could watch him sleeping all day...if only he'd do it!

I officially return to the world of working the day after Christmas, which starts a whole new routine for us. I'll be a WORKING MOM, and quite frankly, I'm scared to death. I have no problem leaving the baby in the care of others. In fact, I welcome it! It's the schedule and logistics that I'm most scared of, but we'll do it....somehow. In the mornings I'll carry with me: carseat + baby, diaper bag, gym bag, breast pump bag, purse, lunch, coffee and most likely an on-the-go breakfast. And once a week I'll have a box of diapers for the day care, too! How many freakin' trips to the car does one woman need to make to start her day?!?!

Oh, enough about that...I don't want to think about that anymore.

Poor Sean came down with a dreadful cold yesterday, so he won't be participating in any of the extended family Christmas festivities. We'll stay at home Christmas day, open gifts and eat some good food. Sean's mom, brother, sister and soon-to-be sister in law will stop by for a visit and gift exchange.

I don't really know what else to say that isn't something Grinch-y. I really just want to crawl in bed, lock the doors, turn off the phone and hide for the next 2 days. Bah Humbug!

No comments: