Sunday, September 29, 2013

Check one, two...check one, two...Is this thing still on?

Been away from this thing for 4 months, which is close to 6 months, which is half of an entire year! (I have a wonderful gift for rounding up and over-inflating.)

Four months ago I submitted my resignation from my sales job. My last day of work was on a Tuesday. I remember it well because (well, because it was my last day!) but also because I took a pregnancy test that night and it was POSITIVE. Woah. It was a major surprise to say the least. As if changing my career plans and greatly reducing our household income wasn't scary enough, now we were looking at having 2 kids in diapers. It took some time for us to wrap our heads around it. Ultimately, we accepted the fact that our family was growing, and we were excited.

My hiatus from this blog had a lot to do with my transition away from the corporate world, plus a lot to do with juggling a work-from-home job and a toddling boy, and a lot more to do with being sick all day every day.

I was in survival mode.

We found out we lost the baby during the 12 week appointment. We were devastated. We ached and we grieved, and then worse came to worst and I ended up in the hospital. And during my recovery - while I was on bed rest - my new co-workers were calling me and asking me for pieces of information. There's no way for me to articulate how incredibly ANGRY I was at them...at the situation...at everything.

Thankfully, we are surrounded by a wonderful network who supported us through the entire ordeal. I just wanted to publicly (sort of) share that with y'all.

We are looking at new beginnings right now. And that's all I have to say about that.

No comments: