Saturday, September 22, 2007

Sales and such

Well, here we are again...Seems like a month ago I was writing about the family reunion, but that was just last weekend! I have no idea what I've been doing for the past seven days. Work kept me busy causing my days to blur together. Nothing's really standing out as noteworthy at the moment, but I decided to post in order to keep up my blogging momentum. Actually, I decided to post because Sean has been watching football all afternoon and I'm bored out of my mind!!! We only have one TV and he got to it first. Despite my begging, he's completely opposed to watching our Netfilx of the week: The Devil Wears Prada. I would love to pout about this, but in all fairness, today is the first time Sean has subjected me to so much football.

My good friend Sherri started working with me last Monday - we are both Sales Operations Analysts for a computer networking company in Franklin. Sounds important, huh? I'm so glad to have her because I know she'll do a great job. And I'm also ready to get back to just ONE sales team versus the two I have now. Hopefully Sherri will catch on quickly so I can pass the East accounts back to her. The East is one busy team, and juggling the two has been a bit challenging for me. All of a sudden I was thrown into handling a group of unfamiliar accounts, and I felt extremely out of the loop. It took me about a week to get my bearings, and things are better now...just very busy.

This past Thursday Sean and I were invited to a Nashville Predators hockey game. Hockey.....hmmm.....not so sure I like it. It definitely doesn't say "Nashville" to me, but apparently they have a strong fan base. And just to clarify, I am NOT one of those fans. I was an idiot and wore a T-shirt and flip flops, and as you may have already guessed, I was freezing my butt off through the entire game. Thank you, $9.00 Miller Lite for warming me up near the end. One major complaint about hockey: No half time. OK, TWO complaints: No band. And while we're at it, I'll go ahead with a third: no ball.

Friday night was spent prepping for the yard sale, dragging all kinds of unused furniture and junk down from the upstairs. We crashed just before midnight, and then woke up at ten til 5 this morning to set everything up. I woke up rarin' to go, which was odd because I'm most definitely NOT a morning person. (P.S. Is "rarin'" even a word?) I must have been excited by the thought of making money and getting rid of so much stuff. Sherri and Keith brought over a whole slew of their crap, and so it ended up being a pretty big sale. By 9:30 I had been up and moving for 4 hours and downed 2 travel mugs full of strong coffee. The mosquitos were eating me alive, the sun was blazing hot, and all I could think about was an ice cold beer. My father in law has this 4 hour rule for drinking, meanining you're allowed to drink after you've been working for 4 hours. He works for the phone company in New Jersey and starts his shift at 4 a.m., so by 8 a.m. he's ready for lunch. And lunch time means he's ready for a beer. I sort of like that rule, and I felt like using it today...but I didn't. Instead, my system started to crash and I got the jitters so I decided to take a nap.

By the time I woke up at noon, the sale had come to an end. I was pleasantly surprised at the amount of traffic we had throughout the day, and we were able to get rid of almost everything. Sean and I took the few remaining boxes down to Goodwill after lunch. We got home in time for the Lousiana-S. Carolina game, and that's when all the "fun" began. So here I am six hours later sitting at the dining room table and wishing that the TV would just explode.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Sounds like an exciting weekend you had. I can't believe you slept through the garage sale!! If Sean did all the work then he deserved a little football. Too bad I wasn't there to keep you company!! Miss you sissy!