Sunday, September 30, 2007

Seeded out

Another weekend evening brings yet another blog...
I think I've settled into my routine with the postings, so it's safe to say I will be updating weekly. The end of the week just seems like the right time to relflect on all the little happenings in my life. Not that they are terribly exciting or anything...

Since we had the garage sale last weekend (ugh...), Sean and I had some cash to spend on a few very important items. Friday night we met up at Mineo's Pizza after work for a pie and some oysters on the half shell. I think it's my new favorite hang out, and the food was great. More importantly, we did NOT get sick from the oysters...so I'll be going back for another visit for sure. After dinner we bought a few house warming gifts for our friends Sherri & Keith. They hosted a small party on Saturday night, and it was a lot of fun hanging out at their new house. Sherri showed off her cullinary skills with an amazing spread of appetizers and few main dishes. To quote the most obnoxious yet likable TV personality ever, "Yummo!" I wish I had pictures to share, but unfortunately the batteries died on our camera. It was also a party to celebrate Sherri's upcoming birthday. We got to hang out with great friends, and met a couple of new ones, too. Bravo on the party, Sherri!

This morning (after shaking our headaches) Sean and I were supposed to meet Luca and Adrienne for brunch....until we got the phone call that "Luca is sick and we don't want to spread germs." Hmm...this normally wouldn't have been a big deal. I mean, we were disappointed that we weren't able to see them while they were in town, but we understood. The only thing that made this cancellation especially sucky was that our double date for Friday night pulled THE EXACT SAME THING and also canceled on us. Sean and I are a bit concerned by this double cancellation...are we not fun people? Is there something that you guys aren't telling us? 'Cause I mean, if we are not fun double daters, then by all means please let us know.

Well, the good news is that we didn't let Luca and Adrienne's "illness" slow us down. We headed up to Cracker Barrel for a good old fashioned breakfast; country fried steak, country ham, hashbrown casserole, and biscuit & gravy. Ooooo-weeeee 'dem sure were good biscuits!!! It was the perfect way to lift our spirits after being dumped for the second time this weekend. Bellies full, we headed off to Home Depot with the rest of our garage sale money. We ended up with grass seed, fertilizer, sprinklers, and mums -- the fall essentials. I would have thrown in some pansies, but the impatients are still doing really well, so I don't want to dig them up yet. Maybe next weekend...

The rest of our afternoon was spent raking and blowing leaves. With 10 bags full, we finally spread the seed and fertilizer, but we only had enough sunlight to finish the back yard. The next few days will give us the chance to tackle the front (which is only half the size of the back, thank goodness).

After all the yard work, we were ready for another meal. I prepared a semi-Thanksgiving dinner with pan seared turkey w/ a chardonnay glaze, frosted green beans w/ sesame seeds, and baked sweet potatoes. The wine we drank with the meal was perfect because it had a strong apple aroma...almost like a cider. Can you tell I'm ready for fall?!

This next week is the start of Halloween Party planning, and for those of you who don't know, I'm CRAZY for Halloween. Something about it brings me so much excitement. My notebook is already full of ideas...

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Why did I read this? You made me soooo hungry for cracker barrel! I want Mama's pancake breakfast with REAL bacon, hashbrowns, homemade biscuits...mmmm...my mouth is watering and it's terrible because there will be NOTHING even close to it here:(
And as much fun as it is here, I do miss that fall weather. Fall is my favorite season when the leaves change and everything is beautiful outside. Can someone drive down South Berrys Chapel and over the hill and take a picture for me in the next couple of weeks?
Enjoy the season for me because when I get back it will be COLD and fall will be gone.

Adrienne said...

Stacy! Oh my gosh! I had to get a Gmail account so I could leave a comment. You are seriously crazy and paranoid. You and Sean are SOOO fun and our favorite people to hang out with when we come to town (don't tell my parents). We always look forward to meeting up with y'all. Seriously, do we need to make a special trip down there and spend the whole weekend with you? I think so!!!! Get our bed ready! (But we draw the line at helping with the gardening.)