Thursday, July 24, 2008

Hello Again

Remember me? Hi...I used to write blogs on this thing.

Since I have a tendancy to write extremely wordy and overly-detailed entries, I decided that it might be a good idea to just hit some high points. You know...for an easy, quick read. Enjoy.

1. Tomatoes. Where the hell are they!? I planted my little green seedling plants in the 5 gal big boy pot and I got NOTHING. They have hardly grown at all since their move. I even bought organic mushroom compost soil. I know, I know...how very hippie of me. So, no tomoatoes. Bummer.

2. Weather. It's hot....really, really hot. The kind of hot that makes you suffocate when you get in your car. And so, you crank the air up on max but you STILL can't breathe because the air is HOT air. But i love it. Summer is the best. I just wish I could get to the pool more often. I passed by a pool on my way to lunch today and I almost started crying. I also wish I owned more sleeveless shirts. (Note to self: go buy more sleeveless shirts.)

3. Work. Ohhhhhhh work. I love you and hate you and everything in between.

4. Neighbors. Sean and I finally met our VERY COOL new neighbors from across the street. We had them over for dessert last sunday. I really hope they like us because I would love to have some neighbor friends. It's exactly what's been missing for the past 2 years. We haven't been able to borrow sugar or eggs from ANYONE.

5. Other Neighbors. The trashy neighbors. They are currently shooting off fireworks while I'm trying to blog. People, it's JULY TWENTY FOURTH. So, you're about 20 days off. We need more of item #4 up in this 'hood.

6. Vacation. Seattle. Yes, we went to Seattle a couple of weeks ago and it was wonderful. I'm so glad I was able to get back after so many years, and thankful that Sean was able to go with me. He had never been to the west coast before. We had beautiful weather for the entire trip...so much so that Sean managed to get a sunburn. Our friends Vicki and Rick were kind enough to put us up for the week in their house, and we very much enjoyed spending time with their lovely family. I'm in the process of posting pictures from the trip so stay tuned!

7. Movies. Brought to me by the theater: The Dark Knight. LOVED IT. Oh, Joker....you had me at "Kill the Batman." I loved your scary, messy face paint and your bloody mouth scars. What a phenomenal performance!!! (And I'm not just saying that because he died....)
Brought to me by Netflix: Into the Wild. Also loved it. This movie really spoke to the part of me that wants to quit my job, move to the country and become a corn farmer. (Although, that's totally not what happens in the movie.) I was so moved by this guy's beautiful mind and his courage. While most of the movie shared the breathtaking images of Alaska, I still don't have a desire to go there. No siree. I'm fine with watching footage on Discovery HD.

8. Books. Currently reading Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. And yes, you guessed it....LOVE IT. No really, it's great. I highly recommend reading it if you're a female. I see no reason at all why a man should ever read this book. He could never appreciate it...

9. And last but not least, cooking. Do I even do that anymore!?!? Yes, sometimes. I cooked mussels for the first time while we were in Seattle. Four whole pounds of mussels to be exact, which we shared with Vicki and Rick. I love a good pot of mussles with a rich, buttery broth. And I think for my first go-round, I did a pretty darn good job.

No comments: