I have a lot going on right now, which is why I haven't had time to post. That's kind of the sucky thing about this blog. When I do have time to post, it generally means that the excitement of life has slowed down quite a bit, and I think the blog suffers. But when I'm busy and have LOTS to post about, of course I have no time to share it. Oh well...
A few things:
- Amanda graduated this weekend! The graduation was a very nice ceremony, altough a little long. (Aren't they all?) One graduate unfortunately fell flat on her face as she started to cross the stage. It was classic. We've been waiting for it to pop up on YouTube.
- Amanda's graduation part was last night. It must have been a success. I slept in until 1:30 this afternoon. Too much red wine. 'Nuff said. At least I didn't break a rib like I did at my graduation party!
- I celebrated my 1 year anniversary as a Business Care Manager this past week. It was hard to believe it's only been 1 year. t feels as if it's been 10 years. So far, year #2 is off to a good start. My new boss is a life saver. I used to cry and have mental breakdowns every Friday (report day). Now I just cuss and move on. In a weird way, I have come to enjoy staying late on Fridays because I'm the only one in the office. The quiet is nice. So, yay for progress! I'm also about to start reading a book titled, "Working with You is Killing Me." I think it's going to be very helpful for me, so I'm really looking forward to it.
- You may have heard me talk about the little red fox that lives in our neighborhood. We hear him yelling almost every night at dusk. Well, tonight we saw the fox, his baby momma and their 3 kids in the yard! The whole fox family was the cutest thing I've ever seen. It was light enough that we were able to get some pictures. I hope to post them soon. We watched the kids romp around in our backyard for about 15 minutes. They were jumping over each other and playing chasing games. I'm setting up a playground for them next weekend.
- Home improvement update: We went shopping for hardwood flooring today. Yowza, that stuff isn't cheap! But it's going to look sooooo good. We also bought paint for the living room, dining room, and our bedroom. Now that the paint is in the house, we have no more excuses. Paint will be put on walls this week for sure.
This week's calendar:
- Monday - painting party! who's coming??? you can share some of our baked chicken and green peas for dinner. yum. yum.
- Tuesday - Jimmy's retirement party at 4:30. Eat Asian Grilled Chicken salad for dinner, then go to the Bunganut Pig to see Wanda and Woody play on the patio. Hoping it won't be rained out.
- Wednesday - Mourn the loss of LOST. More paining. Mediterranean Salmon w/ white beans and sauteed spinach.
- Thursday - Hang out with Jolene and Zack, grab dinner, convince them to help us paint. Homemade strawberry shortcake for dessert.
- Friday - My birthday!!! Going to the ATL to see Luca & Adrienne for the weekend. Can't wait!