Sunday, February 7, 2010

Hibernation

Since last weekend was "The Big Snowstorm" (all 4 inches...), we haven't had much to share with our friends and family. We've really just been hibernating and trying to stay warm, and I've been tackling a cold.


This past week was spent getting back into a normal routine now that all the snow is gone. And boy, it was a busy week for both of us. Work work work! Sean traveled to Louisville for his quarterly regional meeting, and I had a 2-day sales conference at our home office here in Franklin. With all the in-and-out and running around we were doing, I was thankful to have my mom and stepdad to help out with Murphy's potty breaks.

Yesterday was Saturday - the sacred day of laziness. We actually got several errands accomplished and a little bit of cleaning done. Murphy got to take his first trip to Petsmart for a nail filing and ear cleaning. And since it's been so gloomy and cold, I've been craving a warm, homemade soup. I whipped up some French Onion with Gruyere cheese for lunch...mmmmm.



Tonight, of course, is THE BIG GAME. I'm a little sad that the Titans won't be there. sniff. We're meeting up with Sherri and Keith to go to Linda and Phil's house (the same couple who hosts the annual gingerbread house party). Should be a good time! We don't really have any stock invested in either team. I'm sure Sean will pull for the Colts tonight since Peyton shares his alma mater. I might cheer for the Saints just because New Orleans seems way cooler than Indianapolis (even though I've never visited either). In the end, all I really care about is having a fun night with our friends.

No comments: