Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Five Years

Five years ago I stood here as a newlywed. Venice, Italy - the most magical place I've ever seen. I still can't believe we were here...


At the crack of November, weeks before Turkey Comas and Black Friday Fever set in amongst the rest of the country, Sean and I toast to a private celebration - our wedding anniversary. This date is a wonderful pause to the hustle and bustle of our suburbanite schedules, fall birthday celebrations and our annual Halloween party. And, it's the perfect excuse to treat ourselves to an expensive meal. He makes a reservation (which I think is adorable), and I try to remember to buy a card. He ALWAYS outshines me when it comes to the card. Sean can be very romantic when he wants to be, and his sweet words melt my heart.

We savor a slow meal together and say things like, "Can you believe it's been ___ years? Seems like just yesterday we were sharing our vows..." and "...do you want to have sex tomorrow night instead? Because I'm still really full from dinner..."

We went for fancy cocktails at The Patterson House this year. I guess "fancy cocktails" is an understatement - more like "Works of Art." This elusive establishment has made quite the name for itself in Music City, and we were excited to see what all the fuss was about. NO WONDER! The ambiance of the bar is executed perfectly - intimate without being claustrophobic, warm and inviting like an old English library balanced with elements of high glam and shimmer. It's a nod to the 1920's speakeasy without being kitschy at all. Our seats at the bar gave us a front row view into the craftsmanship of their stunning cocktails, and our tongues were equally impressed with the taste (Sean is still raving about his Bacon Old Fashioned). But don't just take my word for it:

http://jackwufilms.wordpress.com/nashville-2/nashville-best-bars/

http://www.styleblueprint.com/food-and-entertaining/evening-patterson-house/

Our evening wrapped with dinner at The Standard, and...let's just say we won't be going back. It was a total bust. The hummus and grilled bread from The Patterson House was more impressive than my filet at The Standard! But, a bad steak will never stop us from having a lovely date night. I was still making memories with my most favorite person in the whole world.

No comments: