Monday, April 9, 2012

Frumpy Dumpy

I'm captivated by the world of fashion bloggers. I love them and hate them at the same time, but mostly I'm left wondering...Who are these women, and where do they find so much time to do all this shopping and styling? Are they really trying to pass as regular every day people? Because I don't buy it. No one in real life looks that cool, or put together, or has so much time. And when do they find time to do their amateur modeling routines in the middle of their street/ally/random brick wall? Before work? After work? During lunch? Do they even work at all!?!? Where did they gain so much confidence? Where are they "thrifting"? Because I'm certain there ain't no vintage couture dresses lying around Nashville. And WHO is indulging them by taking these photos? And how do they make the world's UGLIEST most mis-matched outfits look kinda cool?

I mean, really...

And here I am getting worked up into a tizzy.

Of all the fashion bloggers I stalk/hate/love/loathe, Kendi from Kendi Everyday is my most favorite. I appreciate her style, her sense of humor and her triumphant story of rising from her unfashionable roots to becoming the owner of a clothing boutique. She is truly an ever day kinda gal. Kendi brings me hope...that I may one day be stylish. And most importantly, her outfits are not whacked out like these. Like, I can actually walk around town or go to work in a Kendi-inspired outfit. In fact,  I've attempted to copy a Kendi look on several occasions, and last Wednesday was one of them.

Here's my frumpy dumpy version of Kendi, y'all. It's proof that I can frump the hell out of the most simple looks.

The real deal:


My frumptastic version:


No comments: