Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Football updates

Let the countdown begin...

I'm going in for surgery Friday morning and I'll probably get released on Sunday. Then I'll be at home for 2 weeks recovering. BO-RING. But I know that my body will need the rest. I'm sure I'll have plenty of visitors to keep me company and fluff my pillows. I've already received a string of phone calls and emails from my wonderful friends and family saying they will be there to take care of me. This football surgery is rather scary, but I feel comforted at the same time knowing that my life is blessed with so many loving people.

Sister brought me a pre-op goodie basket last night with snacks, magazines, flowers, and YARN! It was really sweet. And Sherri gave me a book called "The Friday Night Knitting Club." (Do we see a theme forming, here?)

Sean will be home Thursday night, and I'm so excited I'm about to POP! Or maybe I'm about to pop because there's a giant blob living inside my stomach.....ewwwwww.....Either way I'm a ball of nerves right now. Scheduling a surgery is like running a business! I have so many things to organize and prepare before the big day. I want to make sure the house is clean so we won't have to worry about anything when we come home on Sunday. Sister volunteered to come over on her day off and scrub the tub and toilets for me. I am so thankful!!! (the tub is my least favorite).

I probably won't have a chance to update for a while, so wish me luck!

No comments: