Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Fashion in Franklin

Friday night we were invited as VIP guests to attend the 14th Annual Eloise Fashion Show. What a treat! We've been for the past couple of years, but this was the first year Eloise was held locally at The Factory. Fitting, since Eloise showcases student collections from Franklin's O'More College of Design.

I can't say for sure what makes this event so exciting...the runway? the talent and creativity? the surprise element as each piece is revealed? free hors d'oeuvres and wine? mingling with Franklin's finest townies? I reckon it's all of the above. We absolutely LOVE this show and look forward to it each and every year.

We looked on with excitement as the models made their way down the runway. I pretended that Sean was America's favorite fashion consultant Tim Gunn and I was the gorgeous Heidi Klum, and we critiqued the pieces like we were judges on Project Runway. Our front row seats gave us excellent views into the detail, construction and quality of each piece (along with several ass cheeks). So impressive! While most of the collections didn't suit my personal taste, I still appreciated the aesthetics.

(photos borrowed from Beladonis Fashion)

These first 2 pictures are from a collection called "Mrs. Robinson." I feel terrible that I don't have the name of the designer because she was our favorite.



This collection was also very well made and unique. Applause to the furry jacket in the background!


And this piece I loved because of the asymmetrical cut and the metal mesh collar. Very medieval chic.
 

No comments: