Sunday, December 28, 2008

The last one for 2008

First thing's first: Two blog entries ago, I mentioned that I got a really short haircut. This picture is about 3 weeks old, so it has grown just a bit. I hope you enjoy my new Dutch Boy-esque coiffure.



Best thing about a short 'do? -- Badass chicken hair in the morning.

If I were truly brave, I would leave the house like this.


Just like the rest of you out there, Sean and I are wrapping up the holiday season and preparing for 2009. Can you believe yet another year has passed? Where does time go so quickly? Sometimes the seasons seem to drag on and on, but in other ways they feel like they're gone in a flash. As I walked out of the grocery store tonight, the cold weather hit me like a block of ice. (Ok, so it was probably only 40 degrees...but I'm a wimp.) My immediate reaction was a shiver and I thought, "I can't wait until the warm weather arrives!" But I had to remind myself to let it soak in...to embrace the season and all that comes with it. I took a deep breath of chilly air and it stung just a bit, but that was ok. Warm weather will come soon enough.

It looks like the last week of 2008 will be dedicated to cleaning. Sean and I accumulated quite a bit of junk (boxes, trash, wrapping paper, ect.) between all the gift giving & receiving, and it's still lingering around our house. Plus, we have so many new gifts that will require new spaces in our "cozy" home. And the biggest chore of all still has yet to be completed - taking down the Christmas tree and putting away the decorations. *cringe*
Oh...and because Sean and I are really organized people, we decided to use Christmas money from my dad to buy brand new living room furniture...and we brought it all home today! Our poor little living room is now at maximum capacity. With TWO couches (old & new) a new chair, the existing tables and cabinets, and the Christmas tree there is absolutely no room left in which to move. It's a total freakin disaster! But oh well...such is life. Things will get moved some way, somehow.
I think it's pretty swanky, don't you? And I'm so thrilled that we aren't Boring Beige people anymore. We have color in our lives! It may be hard to tell from the pictures, but it's a gray-ish blue color.




Thankfully, I'm going to California in one week to visit Jolene (if my vacation is approved by my boss...I still haven't heard back from him. argh.) So, if things at home don't get organized by the time I leave, I figure Sean will just take care of it while I'm away. What else will he have to do? In fact, he should consider the junky house a favor since it will keep him plenty busy. Love you, honey!


Happy new year to you all!!!! I'll be back in 2009.

1 comment:

Jess said...

I really like your new hair cut... very cute. Oh and the furniture is really nice too. Good lucky with your organizing!