Friday, December 5, 2008

My Whereabouts

Dear fellow readers,

After a long month (and 2 weeks) of no word from me, I figured I owed you some sort of explanation. Up until this point, I've been pretty good about keeping my real emotions out of this blog. The blog was created as a fun place for family and friends to check up on me, my husband and our life in the little yellow house. But tonight will be dedicated to some raw emotion. It's not meant to become a regular thing, so just bear with me this once...

My days have been mentally and emotionally draining, which means I don't have the desire to spend time on blog entries. I don't have the desire to do a lot of things right now. It's not that I don't think about you out there -- I do! I have new updates to share and lots of new pictures for you. It's just hard for me to focus on those things right now. So please be patient, and don't think I gave up on the blog altogether. I'm just taking a break.

I've been feeling a lot of daily frustration...which somehow, for me, turns into self-doubt...which is, of course, mixed with a healthy dose of anger. And there you have it -- I'm a big boiling pot of unhappiness! It's safe to say, I'm not a very fun person to be around these days. Maybe on the surface I could pass for normal, but I know what's going on inside me and it's not been very pretty. I'm ashamed to admit it, but it's the truth. I don't like the current version of me. I know it's getting bad when I lose my appetite...because Lord knows how much I love to eat!!!

Anyway, if you feel that I've been ignoring you recently, or haven't been kind to you, I'd like to extend my apologies. I'm here...and I'm thinking about all you friends & family out there, and sending my love your way tonight from my Blogging in Bed session.

Now, don't go thinking that anything is wrong with me and my wonderful husband! He is the absolute best. He's the only thing that holds me together sometimes. Sure, he might be the world's LOUDEST BREATHER at night, but I love him to pieces. In fact, I think I'm going to go hug him right now because just thinking about him made me smile.

And P.S. -- I got a really short haircut and I look like a boy.

No comments: