Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Blown Away

I was blown away when I spotted this mess in our back yard last night (pun intended). Yeeeeeiiiiikes!

For those of you who don't know, we used to have a pergola on our patio. It was my birthday gift from Sean last year, and we've enjoyed it so much. A nice, shady place to sit and rest a while...a place to take naps or eat lunch or read books on pretty days...a place to sip sweet tea (or swaayt taaay as we say down south...). Well, now my birthday pergola is just a big mess strewn all about the yard - poo!


Yesterday we experienced some pretty nasty weather here in Middle Tennessee. There was a tornado scare in Cool Springs, the part of town where Sean and I work, and I spent some time in the tornado shelter in our office. I may have actually ran down the hallway screaming "Auntie Em! Auntie Em!" The rain and winds were brutal, and clearly my pergola couldn't handle it! The darn thing just took flight right into our neighbor's yard and crashed into a million pieces.


No comments: