Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Blinded by his Blindness

In addition to my weird fascination with Medium (as mentioned in my last post), I also occasionally tune in to American Idol. I can't claim that I'm a faithful viewer, as I really only watch the last 1/3 of the season. It's much more enjoyable when they whittle the contestants down to a handful of GOOD singers. So, why then, is this Blind Guy still on the show so late in the season!?!?!? I don't care about his visual impairment...ok, yes I do. People, there was a reason that Ray Charles and Stevie Wonder wore glasses when they performed!!! It's because blind people's eyes don't work and they look weird. Watching this guy makes me want to cry for him. It's just like giant moles and birthmarks - they're distracting and awkward. And as much as I try to ignore it, I CAN'T!!! But whatever...aside from his blindness, the guy CANNOT sing. Sure, he sings better than my grandmother, but please...he has no business being on American Idol this late in the game.

Also, I realized that I misspelled Alqaida in my last post. I probably just misspelled it again. But, whatever...ALSO, it wasn't actually Alqaida that came into Afghanistan after the Russians - it was the Taliban. See, I can't even keep History straight even after I've been reading about it. Don't judge.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I'm SOOO glad that blind guy finally got the boot!