Monday, April 20, 2009

Updates during Medium

This past weekend was busy busy busy! Sean and I both worked until 7 p.m. on Friday, so we were absolutely beat that evening. Sean picked up a bottle of Cabernet on the way home, and we chilled on the patio in front of our fire pit. I love Springtime for allowing us wonderful outside moments like that -- it's not muggy and there aren't any mosquitos! We were, however, greeted by the neighborhood's wandering fox. He had been yelping all night and rustling around in the woods. Sean researched his call and found out it's a territorial yelp. Anyway, we could hear the fox the whole time we were outside, and then he ran up in our backyard! He quickly darted back into the woods when he saw us sitting there, but he spooked us enough that we jumped from our chairs. He comes out almost every night around dawn, but that was the closest I've ever been to him. Mom says foxes are bad about carrying rabies, so I guess I won't be leaving any W.I.C approved hamburger meat out for our new friend. Oh well. Although, I did kinda like the idea of a pet fox. We have a groundhog buddy, too, so I'll try to lure him in with treats instead.



Saturday we got up early and attended the Walk for MS at Edwin Warner Park. Sherri's team raised over $1,000 which was great considering we only started 3 weeks ago. Big thanks to all who supported us! I'm already working on bigger and better ideas for next year's fundraiser. After the walk, we had lunch with friends and then drove home on the Natchez Trace Parkway. So pretty! I love where we live. We've also been enjoying the beautiful pink Dogwood by our front door. Seeing the big blooms every morning as I leave for work is a great way to start the day.



Bennett playing in the bounce house after the Walk for MS




Starting the walk



Sean and Me


Crystal, Sherri and Me


Keith and Sean


The Dogwood (at least I think that's what it is)




Saturday night we went to an evening a wedding on a horse farm and watched the sun set over rolling hills. Everything was so beautiful, and it didn't hurt that both the bride and groom are models. It was like a runway show during New York Fashion Week! The weather was a tiny bit cold, but not too bad. For an outdoor wedding, it was way better than suffering through sweltering summer heat. I'd rather be a little chilly than to have makeup melting off my face. Emmy Lou Harris was there, and shortly before we left, we spotted her driving Jolene's uncle around in a 1991 cherry red Ford Taurus. It was really bizarre...


Sunday was terrible and rainy, but we drove down to Centennial Park for our SECOND walk of the weekend. This time it was to support the March of Dimes and the Walk for Babies. We walked 2 miles in the rain as quickly as we could. Our toes were wrinked and our clothes were drenched, but it was all for a good cause. Nicole Kidman kicked off the walk, and apparently Kelly Clarkson was walking with us, but we never saw her. I would have peed my pants if I met Kelly Clarkson!
Time for bed. I'm getting up early to make pasta salad for my company's 8th birthday tomorrow. I know, I know...it's crazy.

No comments: