Now that we've reached the end of Q1, I figured I should provide y'all with an official update to my original 2012 "Making Plans" post as seen here.
- The New Master Bath: Other than one shot at tile browsing, we haven't made any progress. I have to admit though, as much as I enjoyed my Sunday night soak in the tub, it would've been so much nicer to be surrounded with updated fixtures, tiles and a luxurious vanity. I'm keeping this project at the top of our renovation list.
- More yoga: Um, riiiight. I haven't been more than a few times this year, but it's not for lack of desire. The last 2 classes I joined left me feeling completely ill. So ill, in fact, that I had to excuse myself from class early. It was mortifying (more on this later).
- More flying for Sean: Well, at least ONE of us is sticking to their
extracurricular activities. Sean has been up in the air as much as his
schedule and the weather will allow. Just yesterday he flew Trevor out
to East Tennessee to visit Knoxville.
- More travel: Again, all travel will be limited to the hospital this fall.
- Staying matched with my Little Sister: after much deliberation, I decided to fulfill my 12 month commitment to my Little and leave it at that. She's simply not responding to the program or bonding with me like we'd all hoped. This really doesn't have anything to do with the fact that I'm pregnant [...sorry, passed out again...]. I gave her all that I could, but it's quite simply not worth my time and effort. I still believe in the benefits of the program, and I'd very much like to be a Big Sister again in the future.
- Using the stand mixer: I'm proud to say that I have been using it, but unfortunately, I'm just no good at baking. I've screwed up everything that I make in the stand mixer, including homemade bread. I will keep trying! (mostly because I like to turn on jazz music while I'm in the kitchen and pretend like I have my own Food Network show.)